Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Before and Happily Ever After II

It has been so long. And the entry I really wanted to write tonight will have to wait another day. Instead, I hope you find this house update satisfactory.

I closed on the house the day I came back to Rochester, following the escapade in South America. There were nine days remaining before class resumed. I thought about spending that time fishing--something I wouldn't have time for once school kicked up again. But then I thought about how the house was empty, and soon it would be full--well, more full than totally empty; you can't rush furnishings. So I decided to go handyman and refinish the upstairs floors.

Four days of non-stop work from 7:30am to 12:30am and the pictures can show you what we accomplished. Mad props to my momz and Greg and Kamesh and Mac and Miguel for their help on the project. It was slightly less brutal and only possible with their help.

Sorry that the pictures don't match before/after. I wasn't planning on doing any before/after pics. I will try to do that for any future projects. And please overlook the formatting mess. That is another project I am in the middle of, remodeling the white space of el blog. This blog is under construction. Enjoy, but scroll with caution!

Before / After

2 comments:

Frank Bauer said...

I was hoping for a hinge shot -- those pieces look super awesome.

Mutation's Cantation said...

you amaze me. wow. that is a lot of work AND you are a med student!