Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Mock, ing, yeah, bird"

I decided a few weeks ago to read, To Kill a Mockingbird, every night of this summer. I didn't have a goal to finish it 'X' number of times. I just decided I should keep this as my nightly escape from studying for the boards be it that I read the novel once or fifty times through.

And look who else decided to join me in this: The Whole Country

I don't know, karma, or what. I don't know what this means; perhaps I'll find myself in Bozeman this summer for a little chat with Mista Brokaw.

2 comments:

moonchullee said...

You do realize this is not only my favorite book of all time, but also the BEST book of all time. That's not an opinion. That's fact. The two best characters in all of literature? Jean Louise 'Scout' Finch and Atticus. And the fact that the most Christ-like character of all time is often spoken of in condescending terms by his impetuous tomboy daughter is the icing on the cake. I'll read it with you.

Jenny said...

I reread this book this summer and I didn't read it everyday like you did, but now I do want to reread it every summer. The world needs more Atticus Finches, or more people trying to be like Atticus. It was the last book I can remember making me cry.