Monday, June 22, 2009

36 hrs in Cusco

I think I traveled for longer to reach Cusco than I will spend enjoying the great Incan capital. That is ok, because in six hrs I leave for an eight day trek (this is our vacation travel time of the summer, Yeah!). First to Choqueqirao http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/06/03/travel/03inca.html?scp=1&sq=choquequirao&st=cse

and then to Macchu Picchu. The three of us, and possibly this guy we met in the hostel who also made the journey to Cusco from Sicuani. His name is keecko! He was smart and bought a bike to get across all the road blocks. We met him having dinner in Sicuani (we stayed there one night) and then he passed us the next day on his new bike, and then he sits down next to us this morning as we eat breakfast on the roof-top terrace of the hostal in Cusco. Crazy small world.

much love,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Remember me? Yeah, i probably didnt leave the best impression, but I swear I'm a normal person! Anyways, I was just reading your blog and your experiences and pictures are awesome. I miss Peru even more now :-( Hope your work is going well, and take lots of pictures!

-Carla V.

Snoop said...

C,
Thanks! Lima feels like it was forever ago, huh. Aside from the strikes regarding the privatization of the water, hence all the problems getting to Cusco, we´ve only had one strike (within the San Marcos University) slow down our work. I´ll keep the pics coming when time and technology permits