Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lima

We´ve been working from 8am to 8pm six days a week since the day I arrived in Lima. The
pictures I posted in the last entry suggest otherwise, sorry. Today, we finished our work at 6pm. Just enough time to pick up our washed clothes, grab dinner, pick up a gift for our host family, and pack for our travels tomorrow--oh, and Zach and Ronin went out for the night with some of our limeno friends. I thought I´d get to bed at a decent hour but it takes so long to plan things! I am just now getting to the blog.

I ate cow hearts (anticuchos) last night because our lima peeps wanted us to enjoy some of their favorite cuisine. Just wanted to make a note of that. What else do you want me to say, pues. Thanks!






Our last focus group in Lima!

The waiting areas are always full hasta the hallways in this hospital


Outside of the Hospital, I wish this guy replaced the hotdog vendors outside of the school´s hospital in Rochester.

He was actually very happy that I asked to take his picture. Seriously!



Debbie thought the food was...hilarious




It was so good, Leslie called everyone about it
We met up with Rochesterians Tuesday night for a late dinner at the famous, Astrid y Gaston ( unfortunately, they were just stopping in for a day, we think?)




















2 comments:

REIJA said...

It's so funny to me that you're hanging out with medical school people. I've totally forgotten about them existing, now that I'm back in California. Sounds like you are having a great time (and working lots, sorry about my email. :)) Give Peru a hug for me.

Snoop said...

A hug Peru shall have!